If you are looking for an easy DIY hostess gift for the holiday season then I have your answer. This hostess gift is perfect: vintage blue mason jar that your hostess can reuse as a vase, cookie mix so that the she has something on hand for future visitors, and these adorable mason jar measuring spoons. This is like a hostess dream gift… or maybe just my dream gift. So let’s make this easy DIY blue mason jar hostess gift.
1 blue mason jar
1 set mason jar measuring spoons
Silhouette Cutting Machine
This Silhouette cut file
White Spray Paint
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar/coconut sugar
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Using your Silhouette Cutting Machine, use the cut file and cut the repositional vinyl
2. Place the vinyl cut out on the blue mason jar
3. Using tape and plastic bag, cover all parts of the mason jar left exposed
4. Using white spray paint, coat the cut out
5. Remove plastic, tape, and vinyl, leaving the desired image
6. Fill jar with Cookie Mix in order listed above
7. Place lid no jar and attach Mason Jar Measuring Spoons
Include a card with this gift with the follwing backing instructions:
Chocolate Chip Cookies 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). 2. In a large bowl, cream 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix in cookie mix. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough, spaced well apart, onto a greased cookie sheet. 3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
I literally love this gift. I am thinking of keeping it for myself…. is that selfish? But it’s sooo cute! I love how quickly this gift comes together. I think it would be cool to make 3-4 of these and have them on hand for all the holiday parties you will invited to this season. Your hostess will be so grateful. I know I would be!