Woot! More fall more fall! Septemeber may be in the 90s-100s in California, but I am gonna get my fall fix anyway I can. Fall Floral Basket Door Decoration makes me happy everytime I come home. Sadly, starting today I will not see it for a month because I am finally getting the surgery on my ankle that I put off in order to be able to serve at summer camp (if you are new to the blog, lemme explain: the hubby is a camp director, which makes me a camp director’s wife, which means during summer I volunteer about 90 hrs/week. So surgery during camp wasn’t an option.) This surgery means I will be on bedrest for a month while I heal. So when I reemerge from the cocoon that will be my sofa, I will have missed all the last hot and yucky parts of September and will literally open the door to fall. Awesome! (Plus, Netflix just announced that beginning Oct 1, 2014 all of Gilmore Girls will be available. So really, now I will just have an excuse why I sat and watched GG all day instead of the million other chores I could have been doing. Thanks surgery for making my laziness socially acceptable.) Ok, back to the wreath (this post contains affiliate links):
1. Place floral foam into basket
2. Snip off all flowers from bunch, leaving stems as long as possible
3. Group flowers by color.
4. Starting with the color which has the largest quantity, place one color at a time into floral foam, with flowers facing front
5. If needed, remove some flowers in order to achieve a balance of color overall. In this arrangement I removed two yellow and one red in order to make room for the green and white.
6. For the tag, remove letters: f, a, l, l.
7. Paint letters green, glue to tag.
8. Remove one flower from basket, thread stem through hole of gift tag, and reinsert flower into basket.
9. Tie ribbon to basket and hang on front door (but wait until October 1, if you fear your neighbors might riot at your desire for summer to end.)