I am so honored to be part of the “2015 Pumpkin Smashers”! My friend Sara at Major Hoff Takes a Wife challenged us to take a giant raw wood pumpkin cut-out from Hobby Lobby and make it something awesome. Um, I love me some fall, and some pumpkins, and some free reign to be creative… in the word of Barney Stinson, “challenge accepted.” And since I know you guys love a cute fall craft, check out my Gold Striped Pumpkin. (FYI this post does contain affiliate links, this costs you nothing, but I get a small amount after your purchase. Thank you for supporting illistyle.)
Here’s what you need:
1. Flat wood pumpkin cut-out (this one is from Hobby Lobby, but you can find similar ones here)
2. White Paint (spray paint or regular acrylic)
3. Paint brush (if using acrylic white paint)
4. Ruler (I use an 18″ metal one, like this)
6. Painters Tape/Frog Tape
7. Gold Spray Paint
8. Silhouette vinyl cutting machine and vinyl -or- black paint and paintbrush
Here’s what you do:
1. Paint wood pumpkin cut-out with white paint and let dry
2. Using pencil and ruler, draw horizontal lines, the desired size of your stripes
3. Apply Painters tape between lines – the white space showing will become your gold, and the part covered with tape will stay white. Make sure you fold tape over onto the back as sides will get sprayed also.
4. On a protected surface, in a well-ventilated area, use the gold spray paint to coat the pumpkin. Let dry.
5. Remove tape
6. Using silhouette cutting machine and vinyl -or- black paint and a paintbrush, create the wording “give thanks”
7. Hnag or set among your fall goodies
And since I know you guys love fall and pumpkins as much as I do, I have 7 MORE great ideas with what to so with this awesome pumpkin BELOW!