I love washi tape. I love that it is temporary, so you can make something awesome and trendy and then change it up if you get tired of the pattern or decide the color isn’t for you any longer. It’s like a commitment-phobes BFF. I also love to use it for making cards. One of my dearest friends is pregnant with twins (yay!) and commented to me that her pregnancy app told her that she has “two pineapples” in her belly! Which is a super painful image for expectant mothers, thank you so much app developers! lol. But naturally, I made her a little something to commemorate this sweet season in her life, a washi tape pineapple card.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Green washi tape
2. Gold Washi tape
3. Freezer paper or sticker paper backing
5. A blank card or piece of card stock
Here’s how you do it:
1. Place strips of gold washi tape onto the shiny side of the freezer paper, overlapping each strip slightly
2. Use your scissors to cut a pineapple (kinda egg-shape) from inside the gold
3. Using scissors, cut small snips into the sides of the pineapple, at a downward angle (In the below photo I am actually holding the pineapple upside-down because it made the snipping easier)
4. Snip little triangles from between the angled snips. *No photo: using a brown sharpie, make little “v” marks on pineapple.
5. Place green strips of washi tape on freezer paper, overlapping the green slightly
6. Using scissors, cut out your pineapple tops
7. Carefully peel green washi tape from freezer paper backing and place green washi pineapple top at the top of card. Repeat with gold pineapple body.
8. Ta-da! You have yourself a fine little pineapple card!
Isn’t this a cheery little piece of happy mail for a friend? I know i would love to receive this handmade fun in the mail. What a perfect way to invite someone to a summer kick-off party or luau! What would you use if for?