I signed up for Young Living in 2014 after using the oils a friend had gifted me, now I use them daily. When I decide to do something, I go full force. So I bought the premium starter kit and I have not regretted it! Especially since, in 2015, I was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease and genetic mutation. My mutation (C677T) makes it hard for my body to eliminate toxins, so I use essential oils to replace common cleaning and beauty products that I had used before my diagnosis. At first my husband said ok to me buying the Premium Starter Kit and becoming a wholesale member, but didn’t want any of my “hippy stuff.” It took three times of him trying oils before he declared, “they work!” He loves the fact that I am a wholesale member so we get a 24% discount on Young Living oils – with no obligation to sell them. But I love helping people and giving people oils, so people buy them from me and I get a paycheck each month. Which is a nice perk!
THE TRUTH ABOUT PURE ESSENTIAL OILS
Many bottles of essential oil on the market claim to be “Pure Essential Oil”, but that claim can be made if the oil contains as little at just 5% of the actual essential oil from the plant in the bottle. There are no regulations for how an essential oil is to be extracted, processed, or what is added. Most essential oil companies buy their oils from an oil broker – meaning the company has no control of the growing, cultivation, or extraction process. So when considering essential oils there are some questions that should be asked for your own safety.
QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN CONSIDERING BUYING FROM AN ESSENTIAL OIL COMPANY:
- Does their company own any farms on which to raise herbs for oils? And if they do, are they new farms on land formerly polluted with herbicides, pesticides, and chemicals that contain residuals from the past, or are they farming land that is clean, which has never been cultivated or has been untilled for at least the last 50 years
- Does their company have their own fully equipped testing laboratory to verify an oil’s composition?
- Do they have anyone on staff with a trained nose who can analyze oils by their smell? (There are less than 200 people in the world with noses sufficiently trained to discern the chemistry of a fragrance.)
- If their company purchases oils from outside suppliers, do they visit the distilleries and farms of those suppliers periodically to observe if the herbs are grown organically, i.e. without pesticides, herbicides, or chemical fertilizers?
- Do they know if the grower has a testing laboratory on the farm to determine when the crop is at its peak for oil harvesting?
- Do they know if the crops were actually harvested at their peak time and, if so, was there an inordinate delay in taking them to the still and into the cookers?
- Do they know if their distillery personnel understand the art and science of distilling, exactly how to pack the cookers, how to administer the steam, how to maintain minimum temperatures and pressures throughout the cooker, and how to continuously monitor the process throughout distillation to make sure the oil produced contains all of its components in the proper proportions?
- If their supplier makes a mistake in the distillation or harvesting processes that results in an inferior grade of oil, does that supplier sell the oil anyway or do they discard it?
- Do they know if the the cookers in the distilleries of their suppliers have domed lids or cone shaped lids? Most stills use dome-shaped lids. Cone topped cookers deliver a better grade of oil than dome tops.
- Do they know if their suppliers supplement the distillation process with solvents to extract additional oil from the plant matter?
- Do they know if their suppliers bottle their oils directly from the distillery without modifying the composition of the natural oil by adding anything or taking anything away?
- Do they know if their company has tested their company’s oils side by side with Young Living oils in the same lab to make a fair comparison? And if so, where is the data?
These questions can help determine if a company is dealing with pure therapeutic-grade essential oils. Young Living is the only company I have found that owns their own farms and labs, doesn’t use pesticides, doesn’t harshly process their oils, as well as bottles and seal their own oils.
HOW TO BUY YOUNG LIVING OILS
OPTION ONE// Wholesale Customer// (click here) – recommended
- No renewal fee; a minimum purchase of 50pv (Product value – typically one point per one dollar) of product annually keeps your account active.
- No order minimum.
- Although Young Living calls their wholesale customers “Distributors” this does NOT mean that you are obligated to sell anything and there is no pressure to sell, ever.
- Member number to share with friends; if they order using your member number, you’ll receive compensation (remember enrolling as a “Distributor” does not mean that you have to sell oils, but once you discover how wonderful they are, it will be hard not to tell your friends about their goodness!)
OPTION TWO//Retail Customer// (click here)
- No starter kit required
- Order products whenever you would like (but pay 24% more than a wholesale customer)
The Premium Starter Kit ($160) includes 11 oils – thieves, tea tree, frankincense, lemon, peppermint, panaway, lavender, RC, purification, copaiba, and stress away. It also comes with the diffuser of your choice (different diffusers may increase the price), Ningxia Red sample packets, sample containers, info cards, small sample packets to share with others, the total retail value of the kit is over $300!
If you are joining my team, two things that I recommend:
Purchasing the $150 Premium Starter Kit & choosing an Essential Rewards kit.
Essential Rewards: When checking out with your starter kit, feel free to select “no thank you” for the ER option or choose a package and ship them together for extra savings. You can earn up to 20% back in points each month by purchasing products that you would be buying normally like vitamins, toothpaste, and shower gel. ER helps you to hit that 100 PV in order to get your full commission check, get discounted shipping, and monthly free promos! You do NOT have to sign up with a package, you can tailor your order to meet your needs. This is a great way to meet that 100pv purchase in order to make commissions if you are interested in building a business. Cancel anytime!!
How to Sign Up:
- Click continue to autoship
- Click EDIT
- Click add product
- Click save
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Does signing up mean I have to sell the oils?
No. You are not required to sell anything at all to anyone EVER. When you become a wholesale member, you get a special link that you can share with friends and get credit from their purchases, but there are no minimum sales amounts at all. The vast majority of wholesale members in Young Living don’t sell the oils. They are buying from Young Living because they value quality essential oils for their own personal use.
Am I required to make a minimum purchase each month?
Nope! There are no minimum monthly purchase requirements. To remain a wholesale member, you have to make $50 worth of purchases per year to keep your membership. But if you miss the minimum for a year and want to order the next year, you just place a $50 order to reinstate your wholesale membership. *If you are interested in making a commission on orders placed by those you introduce to oils, then a 100PV (Product value – typically one point per one dollar) order is required to be eligible for commission during any given month.
How will I know what each oil does?
Our private facebook community is a great resource for asking about specific oils or systems of the body. The essential oils reference guide is also valuable resource. You can learn about essential oils and how they interact with your body, plus you can look up oils by name and see how to use them.
Why should I buy from Young Living?
I have researched essential oils and Young Living is the only company I have found that can answer the above questions about purity in a way that was sufficient for me. Young Living was the only company that owns their own farms, guarantees that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing process, have their own testing equipment, do 3rd party testing, only use the first distillation of oils, and do not add chemicals to get more out of the plant. Every other company I researched goes through some sort of third party “oil broker” to buy their oils. Buying from Young Living means that I am trusting one company and they cannot “pass the buck” to someone else. Plus, Young Living allows anyone to visit the farms, participate in the harvesting and distillation, view the Young Living labs, and see the entire process for themselves. Talk about transparency!
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I would love to chat about essential oils!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click through and make a purchase illistyle receives a small percentage and you pay the same amount. Thank you for supporting illistyle.