A dear friend recently moved off Roatan 🙁 But, when she left she bequeathed unto me with her wonderful bread maker. And though I would still rather have her and her family on the island, I choose to see the silver lining and make the most of her gift to me. It’s actually quite exciting, I have never had a bread maker before. I was a little intimidated to use it, but in the end it was SO easy. I made us (and by “us” I mean my family, and all of you by extension of you reading this) some yummy Pumpkin, Coconut, Almond Bread. This is no light and fluffy pumpkin bread, this is super heavy, hits the spot, everybody is satiated pumpkin bread. It was also gone before I could stage photos of it with butter on a cute little plate… Consider yourself warned. Here’s the recipe:
Pumpkin, Coconut, Almond Bread (bread maker recipe)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or equivilant of alternate sweetener as specified on that package)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (plus a small handful for the top)
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds (plus a tablespoonful for the top)
- Spray bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix oil, eggs, and pumpkin together.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour mixture into bread pan.
- Allow bread maker to mix dough. When complete, open lid and sprinkle top of bread with reserved coconut and almonds.
- Bake approx 1:30 on “quick” bread cycle.
- Cook in pan on wire rack, 10 minutes.
- Use butter knife to loosen sides of loaf form pan and turn out onto wire rack.
- Once cool, slice and serve with butter.
Here’s the directions for my people – the visual learners:
This and some flour and pumpkin pie spice.
throw it in here.
let it cool before you devour it. Show a little self-control.
What are you baking up for the fall holidays?