Fall fall fall! illistyle is all about fall. The majority of my crafts and recipes revolve around this, my favorite season. I know you are shocked. A blogger who loves fall. I used to think I was unique in my love for fall since I grew up in Southern California with it’s perpetual summer – beaches, bikinis, and boardshorts are in no short supply here. I was always the weirdo. Until the Great Autumn Boom in the early 2010s (I totally just made that term up, but reading it I am sure everyone was like “Oh, that’s what it was called!” Feel free to throw that term around like it’s a real thing, people will buy it, promise.) Now I am in a community of women and men who also love fall. Blogging introduced me to people who share some of my loves. Glorious. So to all my fellow fall lovers, I present to you: Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispy Treats:
1 Bag Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows (yeah, they are a thing! Awesome, right?)
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine plus extra for pan
5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1. Grease pan with extra butter (13×9 or shaped silicone molds)
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir continually until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add cereal to saucepan. Stir until well coated.
4. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
5. After completely cool, remove from molds. If in large pan, Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
Recipe credit: Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallows
Nom nom nom. The flavor is not too overwhelming so if you are thinking, “OMG pumpkin spice latte in dessert form!” Then you might want to throw some Pumpkin Pie Spice into the melted marshmallows to achieve a spicier flavor. As an FYI – these are super addicting. My husband is not a big eater in general… I know, that makes no sense to me either… but he ate 5. Our super healthy work-out friend, Jon has lost over 100 lbs in the last year and a half (GO JON!) and he ate 3. Since Jon confessed at dinner that he has “never set foot” on illistyle I am hoping that he decides to do so today – he deserves so much praise for his hard work. Sorry that I made you backslide Jonny!
Ok, go. Go bake my loves!