During this last year I had a ton of health challenges. I have a unique set of medical issues which has caused me to take my health more seriously than ever. I have eliminated grains from my diet, began practicing yoga again, and have a new massive vitamin routine. You can read all about the journey here, but the end results are that I was diagnosed with:
- The genetic mutation: MTHFR
- An auto-immune disorder
MTHFR means my body lacks the enzyme to breakdown B Vitamins into a usable form and has a difficult time ridding itself of toxins. So I have spent the last year ridding my home of toxins. All my make-up, beauty products, personal products, and cleaning supplies got an over haul. My auto-immune disorder causes severe inflammation and irritates my digestive track. My body requires a BUNCH of vitamins and supplements now. Here’s my massive vitamin routine, what I take, and why (some links are affiliate, which means that if you click through and buy something, illistyle gets a small percentage which helps keep the blog running. Thanks for supporting illistyle!).
My vitamin routine:
- DHA – Omega-3 fatty acid which is great for brain, eye, and nervous system health
- Probiotic – I was on a BUNCH of heavy-duty antibiotics (for a disease I didn’t have, seriously, you should read what happened) and the flora in my gut was destroyed. So we are repairing that.
- Cortisol inhibitor – Thinking you have gnarly diseases is stressful. Stress makes me gain weight. I want to break that cycle.
- Gabba receptor supplement – I use this to help manage my anxiety. It is helping me.
- Low Dose Aspirin – I have a clotting issue, this helps me there.
- Sacro B – The heavy antibiotics I was on wiped out my good flora, and I got a gnarly yeast infection in my digestive track. I had not idea it was there until I began getting a buzz off sugar. I would eat sugar and feel like I had a glass of wine (I am a lightweight so this was a good buzz). Apparently yeast feeds on sugar and ferments it… in my body… I was like a walking brewery. So I have to get rid of the yeast.
- Greens supplement – you can never have too many greens.
- Methylated B Vitamin – since I cannot break down B vitamins for energy, I take these because they’re already broken down, then I can use them. Yay.
- CoQ10 – fish oil, good for inflammation issues and all the connective tissues
- Daily Multi – even with all the other supplements, a good multi is the base of my routine. I have been taking an awesome whole-food, Non-GMO, sustainably sourced multi since 2004 and I love it.
I go over my medical journey and my vitamin and supplement routine, PLUS how I organize all my pills for the week in this video:
What is your routine like? How do you organize all your pills?