Happy Monday! If you enjoyed Friday’s Back To School Party with the Caffeinated Crafters, that’s good, because I am back with more school-related stuff Don’t shoot the messenger, but tick-tock loves, the school year is about to start, yikes! If you are wondering what to get the new teacher, I have a cute tutorial for you with this DIY Chalkboard Teacher’s Gift Idea
1 – small chalkboard (this is the one shown, $2 at Michaels!)
1 – wooden, pre-painted apple shape (again, Michaels, $0.98!)
3 – No.2 Pencils (Sharpened to proper lengths to fit as shown)
Ribbon (1-2 designs)
Hot Glue Gun (not shown)
1. Remove existing black string from chalkboard
2. Position first ribbon across the top of chalkboard, covering the pre-drilled holes that the original black string hung from. Use tape (washi/masking/whatever you have on hand) to hold the ribbon in position.
3. Flip chalkboard over and hot glue the ends to back of board. Secure the second ribbon to the back of board just outside the existing pre-drilled holes, again, use the glory that is hot glue. Once dry, flip to front and remove tape.
4. Sharpen pencils to appropriate lengths to fit on chalk board
5. Using hot glue, secure pencils and pre-painted apple as shown below.
6. And ta-da! You now have a super cute DIY Chalkboard Teacher’s Gift for the first day of school!